500gms Fresh Palak (Saag)
2 Onions grated Ginger, Garlic paste
5-6 tbsp oil
1 tsp pure ghee
Garam masala to taste
Red chili powder to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt To Taste
How to make sag (palak) paneer:
- Clean and wash palak (spinach) nicely.
Boil the spinach in water and cool it.
- Now mash it in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir-fry for a minute.
- Now add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add all spices except red chilli powder.
- Now add the spinach (palak) and little water if needed and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut paneer into pieces (Paneer can be fried to golden brown in a seperate pan or can be used as it is).
- Add Paneer pieces to the gravy and cook until done.
- Take out in a bowl.
- Just before serving, heat pure ghee in a small pan.
- Hold the pan over bowl, add chili powder and immediately pour on the indian palak paneer.
- Caution: Don’t allow chili powder to burn .