If your child has an urge to create change in the world, is a free thinker and is often misunderstood, they could be an “Indigo” child. Does your child display extreme empathy, sensitivity, a high level of intuition and psychic ability, an innate spirituality, and a deep desire to help the world? If so, you could be the parent of an Indigo child.
What is an Indigo child? In the 1970s, parapsychologist and psychic Nancy Ann Tapp studied human auric fields and coined the term “Indigo children”. While just a few people possessed indigo auras back then, she saw an increase in the number of children born with indigo auras from 1978 to the late 1980s, leading her to assume that a new generation of spiritual leaders, dubbed Indigo children, was on the way.
Common traits of Indigo children:
• High expectations of themselves and others
• Find relationships and interactions with others more challenging than other children their age.
• Are unrelentingly self-critical
• Have a strong intuition
• Often question authority
• Are highly creative and often musically and artistically gifted
• Are unwilling to compromise just to fit in.
• Are headstrong
• Know their self-worth and unwilling to back down from confronting what feels out of integrity.
• Get frustrated easily and often lack patience
• Tend to portray hyperactive tendencies
• Most possess extremely high IQs and some even display paranormal abilities.
• Sensitive beings, so it’s no surprise that they suffer from despair and anxiety more often than other children.
• Tend to swim upstream
• More fluid in gender, tribal, cultural attitudes and beliefs
The health of Indigo children
• Because the are so tuned in and porous they often have gut issues like IBS
• Are prone to depression if they are not nurtured and understood and don’t understand themselves and taught self worth from small.
• More prone to allergies because they are more sensitive/porous
• More affected by EMF and geopathic stress so control their exposure to cellphones, laptops and gaming as it will affect their energy
• Its important to ensure they have a healthy diet with good fats and proteins and limited refined sugars and junk food as it will aggravate their hyperactive tendencies.
• Encourage them to practice mindfulness in the form of yoga, deep breathing and meditation to give them opportunities to switch off and tune in otherwise their health will suffer
How to best nurture an Indigo child
• Even if you don’t see eye-to-eye with your Indigo child, support them and allow them to be heard.
• Provide opportunity for them to relax and regroup.
• Teach them to shield themselves from negative energy. Because they are so sensitive they absorb other peoples energy and if they do not understand this it can make them feel low and confused.
• Teach them about self-care first. Because they care so about others and the planet, they can become too externally focused if they are not taught this principle early on, they deplete themselves while focusing on the welfare of others
• Do not lie to them they have built in bullS%&t detectors and they will become confused, withdrawn or aggressive.
• Educate yourself on how to nurture their special gifts so that they can reach their full potential and contribute to society. Watch the movie Superhuman: The invincible made visible.
If you think you need assistance understanding your Indigo child and helping them with their health issues please reach out.