If you have been following me for a while you will notice that it is my belief that all imbalance and disease is caused by 3 things namely stress, pathogens, and toxins. That is why I address all three in my Radical Transformation in 90 days Programme.
If you live in the Garden Route (or anywhere near water or high rain fall and humidity areas) you may be more susceptible to fungal and mold exposure.
Mold and fungus are two types of organisms that belong to the kingdom Fungi. The main difference between mold and fungus is that mold is a multicellular, filamentous fungi whereas fungus is a unicellular or multicellular organism with a chitin cell wall. Fungi include molds, mushrooms, and yeast.
Here is more information on the effects of on your body. So many of these symptoms get misdiagnosed.
They give off Mycotoxins, poisonous chemicals that help defend its territory from other microbes. Mycotoxins can be very harmful to you — even in low concentrations.
Mycotoxins are more harmful than pesticides.Some scientists believe.
Some common mycotoxins and ways they may impact your health include:
Aflatoxins: These are produced by Aspergillus flavus and some penicillium species, among others. Aflatoxins are linked with an increased risk of liver cancer.
Ochratoxin A: These mycotoxins can suppress your immune system. They can also damage your nerves and impair brain function. Some of this could be due to the oxidative stress — also known as free radical damage — that it triggers.
Trichothecenes: These are produced by black mold (stachybotrys), as well as some other molds. They can interfere with your cells’ ability to make proteins your body needs. They can also impair your immunity, trigger oxidative stress, and damage nerves.
Mycotoxins can also harm your mitochondria, kidneys, and lungs.
Some factors that may affect your susceptibility include your toxin load in general, your health status, and length of exposure. Genetics can also make a difference.
Signs of toxicity
There’s no “clear-cut” list of signs and symptoms that specifically point to mold illness. You may not even recall or be aware you’ve been exposed to mold. But one possible clue is a sudden, unexplainable downturn in your health.
This can lead to a series of doctor visits. You may be given a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia, or irritable bowel syndrome. But this is overlooking the root cause.
For example, in a study of people with CFS, about 90% had spent significant time in a water-damaged building. And, 93% of the people had at least one type of mycotoxin in their urine. In contrast, healthy people had no detectable urine mycotoxins.
The researchers theorized that mitochondrial damage from mold toxicity was causing fatigue in the CFS group. Aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, and trichothecenes all can cause mitochondrial damage. That can lead to reduced energy production.
Mold can also trigger inflammation. One study found that people working in damp buildings produced anywhere from 2 to 1,000 times more inflammatory messengers.
Brain scans of people with mold illness suggest inflammation can lead to structural brain changes and nervous system dysfunction. That may contribute to hypersensitivity to foods, chemicals, and other items that didn’t previously bother you. This is part of chronic inflammatory response syndrome, described next.
Chronic inflammatory response syndrome
An ongoing inflammatory response to mold or other biotoxins can lead to chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS). It’s also referred to as biotoxin illness. In this condition, inflammation affects multiple systems of your body.
Chronic exposure to a water-damaged building is the most common trigger of CIRS. Chronic Lyme disease is another cause. Some people have both. That’s a double whammy to your system.
The following signs and symptoms are often found in CIRS due to mold-induced toxicity:
Brain function: Brain fog, memory loss, trouble finding words, difficulty concentrating, problems taking in new information
Digestive system: Metallic taste in mouth, nausea, vomiting, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, leaky gut, food sensitivities
Eyes: Blurred vision, eye irritation, itchy eyes, sensitivity to bright light
Energy: Excessive fatigue, thyroid dysfunction
Immune system: Poor immunity, autoimmune conditions, over-reactivity to foods and chemicals, flu-like symptoms
Mental state: Anxiety, depression, irritability, mood swings
Muscles and skeleton: Muscle pain, joint pain, morning stiffness
Nervous system: Headaches, “ice-pick-like” pain, static shocks, dizziness, poor balance and coordination, seizure-like events, tremors, numbness, tingling, skin sensitivity to light touch, temperature regulation problems
Respiratory system: Cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, chronic sinus congestion, new-onset or worsening asthma, shortness of breath, chest tightness
Scent sensitivity: Unpleasant symptoms upon exposure to fragrances, chemicals, and other odors (multiple chemical sensitivity)
Skin: Rashes, dryness, irritation
Sleep: Insomnia, frequent waking during sleep, night sweats
Urinary system: Increased urination, urgency, incontinence
Weight: Appetite swings, weight gain or weight-loss resistance
Many of these symptoms could also be due to reasons other than mold toxicity and CIRS. That’s why mold illness is often overlooked or misdiagnosed. The specific effects depend on your body’s unique vulnerabilities.
Signs and symptoms of mold illness include the following areas:
History of mold exposure: Do you recall spending significant time in a water-damaged building (regardless if you had symptoms at the time)? Or, did symptoms start when you moved into a different home/apartment or workplace?
Continual infections: Do you have recurrent infections, such as sinusitis or tonsillitis? Or, do you seem to have a weak immune system? These can be early signs of mold illness.
Sick-building syndrome: Do you feel worse when you enter certain buildings, such as your home, office, or school? Do you feel better when you spend a few days away from these buildings?
Chemical sensitivity: Do you have symptoms — such as nausea, headache, or cough — when exposed to various chemicals? Examples include perfumes, detergents, cleaning products, tobacco smoke, printer ink, paints, varnishes, hair products, street dust, and exhaust fumes.
Odor sensitivity: Have you developed a hypersensitivity to smells, particularly mold? For example, you may smell mold on other people’s clothes or develop a keen ability to smell mold in buildings.
More serious symptoms which some studies are showing are linked to toxicity include cancer, seizures, strokes, liver and kidney disease.
I suggest also checking and cleaning your washing machine inside, check showers and remember mold grows within 24 hours in your fridge. As a rule I don’t eat left overs which have been standing in the fridge.
Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by a yeast (a type of fungus) called Candida. Some species of Candida can cause infection in people; the most common is Candida albicans. Candida normally lives on the skin and inside the body, in places such as the mouth, throat, gut, and vagina, without causing any problems. Candida can cause infections if it grows out of control or if it enters deep into the body (for example, the eyes, bones, bloodstream or internal organs like the kidney, heart, or brain.) Candidemia, a bloodstream infection with Candida, is a common infection in hospitalized patients.
Deficiencies of vitamin B6, essential fatty acids and magnesium
Recurring urinary or genital infections
Skin and nail infections
Joint, pelvic or lower back pain
Fever, chills, headache
If you have any of these symptoms, I strongly suggest doing a complete pathogen cleanse before resorting to long term chronic disease management with medications. I am not a medical practitioner and as such this is just my personal advice based on what I have experienced over the 17 years practicing as an energy medicine practitioner. Please consult your doctor if you are considering a pathogen cleanse and you have any concerns.
*Case study fungal infection relation to stroke symptoms (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32265138/)
Ischemic stroke secondary to CNS fungal infections should be considered in patients with recurrent or progressive cryptogenic stroke, regardless of immune status and cerebrospinal fluid profile. CNS yeast and mold infections have slightly different stroke and laboratory characteristics and should have a distinct diagnostic method. Depending on clinical suspicion, a thorough diagnostic approach including spinal fluid analysis and biopsy should be considered.
*Case study Candida may affect brain https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324106#How-C.-albicans-affects-the-brain,-memory